2018 Open Enrollment runs now through December 15, 2017. This is the time when individuals and families can sign up for new coverage, or make a change to existing coverage.
Medicaid and Dr. Dynasaur enrollment continues year round. To see if you might qualify for one of these programs, view the Subsidy Estimator.
Alternatively, if you've recently experienced a qualifying life event, you might qualify for a special enrollment period.
Life events that can qualify Vermonters for special enrollment periods include:
- Loss of coverage – employer sponsored or public plan
- Aging out of parental coverage or foster care
- Release from incarceration
- Household member becomes pregnant
- Birth/adoption/placement for adoption
- Court-ordered coverage
- Change in legal status (citizenship, immigration eligible, lawfully present)
- Moves permanently into the state
- Employer-sponsored insurance unaffordable/inadequate
- Change in income resulting in change in APTC/CSR eligibility
- Native Americans (status allows enrollment any time)
- Hardship exemption approved or expires
For more details on these qualifying events and how to get health insurance during a special enrollment period, view our Special Enrollment Period Qualifying Events chart (pdf).
In addition to the standard list of qualifying events (above), special enrollment periods can be granted under additional exceptional circumstances. If you have a question about an exceptional circumstance, or need to change an existing application, please call 1-855-899-9600.