As part of the Affordable Care Act, the federal government has made funds available for states to develop health insurance marketplace. Vermont’s marketplace is called Vermont Health Connect. Each state follows a formal process to request funding that includes providing information about how funds will be used. Vermont’s federal grant requests are available below.
Level I Establishment Grant-Additional Funding Request
Application Submitted: November 2012
Awarded: January, 2013
Award Total: $2.27 million
Description: The Level I Establishment Grant funding will be used to design, implement, and maintain the Exchange In-Person Assistance (IPA) program.
- Level I Establishment Cooperative Agreement Project Narrative (11/30/12)
- Level I Budget Narrative (11/30/12)
- Level 1B Notice of Award
Level II Establishment Grant
Application Submitted: June 2012
Awarded: August 2012
Award Total: $104.2 million
Description: The Level II Establishment Grant funding will primarily be used to develop IT, business and outreach operations to support the critical functions of the Exchange.
- Level II Grant Application (9/4/12)
- Level II Grant Project Narrative (9/4/12)
- Level II Grant Budget Narrative (9/4/12)
- Level II Grant Additional Files (9/4/12)
- Level II Notice of Award
Level I Establishment Grant
Application Submitted: October 2011
Awarded: November 2011
Award Total: $18 million
Description: Level I Establishment Grant funding was used to conduct research, support stakeholder consultation, begin building the Navigator program, begin to explore IT systems, assess and model costs, and more.
Early Innovator Grant
Application submitted: The University of Massachusetts Medical School submitted an application together with a multi-state consortium including Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Awarded: February 2011
Award Total: $35.5 million
Description: The Early Innovator Grant is being used to develop information technology that can be applied to multiple states
Planning and Establishment Grant
Application submitted: All states were awarded a planning and establishment grant; no application was required
Awarded: September 2010
Award Total: $1 million
Description: The Planning and Establishment Grant was used to determine resources needed to establish a state health insurance exchange and determine its governance structure.
Grant Reports: Vermont Health Connect is required to submit regular reports to the federal government to demonstrate progress.
- Quarter 1, October-December 2011
- Quarter 4, July - September, 2011
- Quarter 3, April - June, 2011
- Quarter 2, January - March, 2011
- Quarter 1, October - December 2010
- Final Exchange Planning Report May 2012
- Establishment Grant Progress Report March 2012
- Establishment Grant Budget Report March 2012
- Establishment Grant Progress Report September 2012
- Establishment Grant Budget Report September 2012
- Establishment Grant Progress Report December 2012
- Establishment Grand Budget Report Level 1A December 2012
- Establishment Grant Budget Report Level 2 December 2012