The process of applying for coverage for yourself or your family through Vermont Health Connect will go more quickly if you take the following steps:
1) Check Your Browser. If you plan to apply from your computer, first take note of your web browser (the software application you use to view web pages). Some versions of Internet Explorer have been known to encounter technical glitches. For this reason, Vermont Health Connect strongly encourages the use of a current version of another browser, such as Firefox or Chrome. If needed, you can download a free up-to-date browser here.
2) Gather Key Information. For all people in household who need coverage, collect:
• Social Security Numbers
• Or document type and numbers for legal immigrants
• Employer and income information
• A complete copy of most recent tax returns, if available
• Pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements
• Anticipated medical and prescription needs
• Information on offers of job-based insurance, if any
• VermontHealthConnect.gov’s Employer Coverage Tool can help
Have questions? Call our toll-free hotline at 1-855-899-9600 or find a trained Navigator to walk you through the process in-person.