Important Message: To get health insurance, you must sign up during an enrollment period. Vermont Health Connect’s Open Enrollment usually starts November 1 and ends December 15. Any Vermonter can sign up for a qualified health plan during Open Enrollment. At other times, you can get a 60-day Special Enrollment Period if you have a major life event, such as losing your health insurance. Vermonters who are eligible for Medicaid can enroll at any time.
Decide how you want to apply. You can apply online here, or you can call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-899-9600. If you’d prefer to speak with someone in person, you can make an appointment with an Assister. Read DVHA's Public Charge Fact Sheet for to learn how healthcare can impact your immigration status.
Check your browser. If you plan to apply from your computer, first check your web browser. Vermont Health Connect strongly encourages the use of a current version of Firefox or Chrome when using your online account. You can download a free up-to-date browser here.
- Gather key information. For all people in household who need coverage, collect:
- Social Security numbers, or document type and numbers for legal immigrants
- Employer and income information
- A complete copy of most recent tax returns, if available
- Pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements
- Anticipated medical and prescription needs
- Information on offers of job-based insurance, if any
Have questions? Call our Customer Support Center, toll-free at 1-855-899-9600.