Important Message: To enroll in a qualified health plan, you must sign up during an enrollment period. Open Enrollment typically starts November 1 and lasts for six weeks. This is the time when any Vermonter can sign up for health coverage, or make changes to an existing plan. If you lose health coverage or have another qualifying event after Open Enrollment ends, you can still sign up but need to act fast. If you wait more than 60 days to apply and select your plan, you might have to wait until next year to get health insurance.
Decide how you want to apply. You can apply online here, or you can call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-899-9600. If you’d prefer to speak with someone in person, you can make an appointment with an Assister.
Check your browser. If you plan to apply from your computer, first check your web browser. Vermont Health Connect strongly encourages the use of a current version of Firefox or Chrome when using your online account. You can download a free up-to-date browser here.
- Gather key information. For all people in household who need coverage, collect:
- Social Security numbers, or document type and numbers for legal immigrants
- Employer and income information
- A complete copy of most recent tax returns, if available
- Pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements
- Anticipated medical and prescription needs
- Information on offers of job-based insurance, if any
Have questions? Call our Customer Support Center, toll-free at 1-855-899-9600.