Important Message: To enroll in a qualified health plan, you must sign up during an enrollment period. Due to the COVID-19 emergency, Vermont Health Connect has opened a Special Enrollment Period until August 14, 2020. During this time, any uninsured Vermonter can sign up for a Qualified Health Plan through Vermont Health Connect. Qualified families can also get financial help paying for coverage.. Please call us at 1-855-899-9600 to learn more.
Having health coverage is an important first step to health and well-being. And, with all of the benefits you get, health insurance is also a smart investment.
- You get financial protection from unexpected, high medical costs
- You have access to free preventive care, like vaccines, screenings, and check-ups
- You and your family can worry less because you are protected if you get sick or injured.
Learn About Health Insurance and How to Go from Coverage to Care
Get familiar with health insurance lingo how health insurance can work for you.
Once you have coverage, learn how to use it to find a doctor and get the care you need to stay well and live healthier.
The better you understand your plan and coverage, the more likely you are to get the most from your plan. Here are some additional resources tools to help you get you started:
- Compare plan details by metal level and know what’s covered by catastrophic and dental plans. Get Summaries of Benefits and Coverage for each plan.
- Find out if a doctor or other provider is in your health plan's network.
- Browse our Glossary of Terms for important health insurance words and phrases you might need to know.
- Other questions? Visit our FAQ page to find the answers to some commonly asked questions.