How to Get Help with Your Taxes
Many people can get free help to fill out their tax returns. Visit the IRS to learn more about getting help.
If you have questions about how to file your taxes using Form 1095-A, you can call the IRS Tax Help Line at 1-800-829-1040. The Tax Help Line is open Monday – Friday from 7am to 7pm.
You can also visit HealthCare.gov/taxes or http://www.vermont211.org/, or dial 2-1-1 anywhere in Vermont to find help on-line, in-person or by telephone.
If you need further help, you may contact the Office of the Health Care Advocate at 1-800-917-7787.
How to File an Extension
See the following links for information on:
• Filing a federal extension (IRS) - http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc304.html
• Filing a state extension (VT Dept. of Taxes) http://tax.vermont.gov/individuals/file-and-pay/request-extension
Read More About:
- What You Need to Know if You Get a Letter in the Mail from the IRS
- Questions and Answers about Health Care Information Forms for Individuals (link to IRS site)
- Income Reporting and APTC Repayment Limits
- Individual Shared Responsibility Payment (link to healthcare.gov)
- Questions and Answers on the Federal Individual Shared Responsibility Payment (link to IRS site)
- Calculating the Federal Individual Shared Responsibility Provision (SRP) fee (link to IRS site)