Tax Help and Extensions

How to Get Help with Your Taxes
Many people can get free help to fill out their tax returns.  Visit the IRS to learn more about getting help. 
If you have questions about how to file your taxes using Form 1095-A, you can call the IRS Tax Help Line at 1-800-829-1040.  The Tax Help Line is open Monday – Friday from 7am to 7pm. 
You can also visit or, or dial 2-1-1 anywhere in Vermont to find help on-line, in-person or by telephone.
If you need further help, you may contact the Office of the Health Care Advocate at 1-800-917-7787.
How to File an Extension
See the following links for information on:
Filing a federal extension (IRS) -
Filing a state extension (VT Dept. of Taxes)
Read More About: