Important Message: To enroll in a qualified health plan through Vermont Health Connect, you must sign up during an enrollment period. Open Enrollment typically starts in November and lasts for about six weeks. At other times of year, you may still be able to enroll in coverage if you lose health coverage or have another qualifying event, but you’ll need to act fast. If you delay for more than 60 days to apply and select your plan, you might have to wait until Open Enrollment to get health insurance.
Try Our Plan Comparison Tool
Not sure whether you qualify for Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur? Wondering if you can get financial help paying for a qualified health plan? Our Plan Comparison Tool can help! Simply enter some information about you and your family members—including age and state of health, and then estimate your combined household income. This free, anonymous tool will provide you with an estimate of the programs and financial assistance your family is likely to be eligible for. Check it out here.
Qualified Health Plans (QHP)
- 2019 Plan Comparison Brochures: Platinum/Gold plans, Silver plans, Bronze plans
- 2019 Summaries of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) - an 8-page description of each health plan
- 2019 Plan Designs and Rates - an overview of all metal level health plans and premiums (before subsidy) all on one sheet
- 2019 Enhanced Silver Plans - If you qualify for cost-sharing reductions, view Enhanced Silver plans here: Silver 94, Silver 87, Silver 77, or Silver 73 (if you are unsure which Silver plan you might qualify for, visit the Plan Comparison Tool.)
- 2019 Enhanced Silver Plan Designs and Rates
- 2019 Catastrophic Plans - please note potential for significant out-of-pocket costs and that eligibility requirement applies.
- 2019 Dental Plans
- Preventive service lists from BCBSVT & MVP - preventive care is free with all of Vermont Health Connect plans.
- Provider Networks and Covered Prescriptions
- Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) for health insurance carriers - information reported to CMS can be found at this link by 1) selecting Vermont, 2) typing "MVP" or "Blue Cross" and 3) clicking the gray "MLR" button.
Medicaid & Dr. Dynasaur
- Medicaid and Dr. Dynasaur - free or low-cost health coverage for Vermonters who qualify.