How do I pay my Vermont Health Connect premium?
You can pay Vermont Health Connect online, by phone or by mail using the following payment types:
- Bank draft
- Debit card
- Credit card (over the phone or online. There is a 2.5% fee for paying by credit card.)
- Money order
You must pay your first month’s bill to start your coverage. Your first bill will arrive by mail about 1-3 weeks after enrollment, but you can pay before then.
If you don’t pay your first bill within 21 days of the invoice date, your coverage could be cancelled. If your coverage gets cancelled, you may have to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period to get coverage through Vermont Health Connect, unless you have a major life event.
If you would like to set up online payments, first call Vermont Health Connect toll free at 1-855-899-9600 to activate your online payments. Please note—online payments must be made through a laptop or desktop computer. Smartphones and tablets won’t work.
After you activate your online payments, you can login and pay your bill:
- Login to your online account
- Click “My Payment Center”
- Make a payment
There is a 2.5% fee to pay by credit card. There is no fee to pay by debit card or one-time bank draft. If you set up automatic monthly payments online, the money will come out of your account on or around the 26th of each month.
To pay by phone, please call our payment line toll-free 1-855-377-7979.
To pay by mail, please send a check or money order made out to Vermont Health Connect for the exact amount of your monthly premium(s). Mail it to:
Vermont Health Connect
PO Box 2060
Omaha, NE 68103-2060
Please make sure the name and mailing address on your Vermont Health Connect account match the name and address on your check (or make a note of the name and account number in your check’s memo section). Please include the payment coupon from your invoice if you can.
Your payment due date is the 26th of the month.
What is the User Agreement?
The User Agreement ("Agreement") is a contract between you and Vermont Health Connect and applies to your use of the Vermont Health Connect Services. You must read, agree with, and accept all the terms and conditions contained in this agreement. Here are terms and conditions of the User Agreement:
- You certify that you have reported all income and household changes as required within the required timeframe of 30 days for QHP subsidies and ten days for Medicaid/Dr. Dynasaur.
- All beneficiaries for whom you are paying, including you, must remain eligible for participation in the plan and program for which you are enrolled.
- You understand that submission of payment does not guarantee coverage. All eligibility, payment, election and other requirements still apply.
- You agree that we may consider any check received from you to be intended to be payable to Vermont Health Connect, even if the check is written as payable to one or more individual insurance carriers.
- You agree that we may endorse and apply the proceeds of any check we receive from you in the manner we see fit.
How much will I pay for health insurance?
It depends. Many Vermonters are eligible for financial help through Vermont Health Connect which can reduce the amount you pay for health insurance. To get a quick estimate of the financial help your family may get from Vermont Health Connect, check out our Plan Comparison Tool. This tool will also show you the cost for all Vermont Health Connect qualified health plans so you can find a plan that works for your budget.
I recently signed up for health insurance and paid. When will I get my ID card?
Here’s what to expect: