Picking health insurance can be hard work. Confusing terms, changing rules and the impact on your wallet can leave you with lots of questions. This section will help you understand health care and how it can work for you.
Are you looking for information about Open Enrollment and messages to share on finding health plans for 2024?
Health insurance basics
- An overview of how health insurance works;
- Common health insurance terms and abbreviations;
- How deductibles, co-pays and max-out-of-pocket limits impact your household budget, and
- How Enhanced Silver plans with cost-sharing reductions can help save you money on out-of-pocket costs.
Health insurance and your income taxes
In this section, you’ll find:
- Information to help you file your federal tax returns—both for this year and for years past;
- How much you have to pay if you don’t have health insurance;
- Tips about how to get and what to do with 1095-A and 1095B forms;
- How advance premium tax credits work; and
- How to report changes of income.
Health insurance and small business
Offering health coverage is a major decision for your business. When looking for a plan that fits the needs of your business and employees, you should carefully consider things like the cost to you and your employees, and the health services covered. There are Vermont Health Connect certified plans, but small businesses need to enroll through the insurance companies. In this section you'll find resources about small business health insurance.