Protect Your Private Information
- If you apply online, look in the URL bar and make sure it starts with https://portal.healthconnect.vermont.gov or http://info.healthconnect.vermont.gov
- Vermont Health Connect has trained assisters to help you. If you use an assister, keep a record of the person’s name, who they work for, their telephone number, mailing address and email.
- Double check any information that is confusing or sounds suspicious.
- Don’t sign anything unless you understand it.
- Never give out your social security number, credit card or banking information to someone who calls or comes to your home uninvited, or to companies you didn’t contact, or in response to advertisements.
Calls from Vermont Health Connect and Insurance Companies
Vermont Health Connect’s Customer Support Center helps customers make changes to their household size, income, and other account information. If you asked us to make a change to your health plan or account information, we might call you to confirm the change. When we call, we will ask for some information to make sure it’s really you:
- Last four numbers of your Social Security number; and
- Your date of birth, or address
You might not want to give personal information to someone who calls you until you are sure who they are. To make sure this is a call from Vermont Health Connect, ask for the caller’s name and offer to call them back at Vermont Health Connect’s Customer Support Center at 1-855-899-9600.
If you get a call claiming to be from another branch of Vermont Health Connect, or a health insurance company, you can call them back through an official, published number before giving personal information:
- Vermont Health Connect Customer Support Center: 1-855-899-9600
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont: 1-800-255-4550
- MVP Health Care®: 1-800-348-8515
- Northeast Delta Dental: 1-888-899-3734
There are only two addresses for Vermont Health Connect:
- Applications and documents: Vermont Health Connect, 280 State Drive, Waterbury, VT 05671-8100
- Payments: Vermont Health Connect, PO Box 2060, Omaha, NE, 68103-2060
Calls from the Federal Government
Vermont Health Connect is the state of Vermont’s health insurance marketplace—Vermonters do not use the federal health insurance marketplace. You shouldn’t get calls or letters from the federal government asking for your personal information.
If you get a call from someone who says they’re from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), you can tell them that you will call them back at the published number for the federal health insurance marketplace: 1-877-696-6775.
Report Suspected Fraud
- To report fraud or wrongdoing, please call 1-800-250-8427.
- If you suspect insurance fraud, contact the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation at 1-800-964-1784 or the Attorney General’s Consumer Assistance Program at 1-800-649-2424 or email AGO.CAP@vermont.gov.
- If you suspect identity theft, visit www.ftc.gov/idtheft or call the Federal Trade Commission at 1-202-326-2222.
- If you suspect Medicaid fraud, please call the Program Integrity Unit at (802)241-9210, or use the fraud referral form.