Skip to main content

Important Message: Did you receive a red-striped envelope? Did you send in your Medicaid renewal? If there is any missing information, our Customer Service team may reach out to you by phone to complete the application. Keep your information up to date! Report any changes. We want to make sure we can stay in touch with you. Questions about Medicaid renewals? Visit

Filing Taxes

Filing 2022 Taxes? 

Here’s information to Help You Fill out Forms 8965 and 8962:

Second Lowest-Cost Silver Plan (2022 Benchmark Plans)
Coverage Level Monthly Premium
Single $749.21
Couple $1,498.42
Parent and Child(ren) $1,445.98
Family $2,105.28

Premium Tax Credits

To find your premium tax credit, use the table above to find the premium for the second lowest cost silver plan you could have had during that tax year. You might need tax tables for a different year if you’re filing after April 15.

Affordability Exemption

You need an exemption if you are 30 or older and want to enroll in a Catastrophic health plan. One type of exemption is the Affordability Exemption. You must apply for this exemption. Use the table below to find the premium for the lowest cost bronze plan you could have had through Vermont Health Connect during the tax year. You will need this figure on your exemption application.

2023 Lowest-Cost Bronze Plan (For Affordability Exemption)
Coverage Level Monthly Premium
Single $640.72
Couple $1,281.43
Parent and Child(ren) $1,236.59
Family $1,800.41

Your Health Coverage May Affect Your Income Taxes

  • You’ll need to provide additional information when you file your federal income tax return.
  • You may have to complete one or two new federal tax forms.
  • If you were in enrolled in a qualified health plan through Vermont Health Connect for all or part of the year, you will receive a 1095- A form from Vermont Health Connect.
  • If you were enrolled in Medicaid coverage for all or part of the year, we will only send you a 1095-B form from Vermont Health Connect and/or Green Mountain Care if you request a copy.
  • If you were enrolled in employer-sponsored coverage for all or part of the year, you will receive a 1095-C form from that employer.

1095 Corrections

  • Your 1095-A is based on the information you reported in your Vermont Health Connect application and your coverage during the calendar year. Read your 1095-A carefully. If you think your Form 1095-A is not correct, call us toll-free at 1-855-899-9600.
  • If a change is made to your account after you get your 1095-A, but before the end of the calendar year, we will send you an updated 1095-A form.

If you disagree with your updated 1095-A, you can ask for a reconsideration. Call Vermont Health Connect at 1-855-899-9600 or use the Request for Reconsideration Form within 30 days of receiving the notice. Fill out the form and mail it to: Vermont Health Connect, 280 State Drive, NOB1 South, Waterbury, Vermont, 05671-8100.

If you have concerns or questions about the decision, call the office of the Health Care Advocate at 1-800-917-7787.