Skip to main content

An Official Vermont Government Website

Vermont State Logo

Important Message: Learn how the American Rescue Plan Act lowers health insurance costs for Vermonters. Also, remember to pay your insurance company directly for your 2022 plan.

Report a Change

If you have insurance through Vermont Health Connect and have had certain life changes, we need to know. A change in income or family situation can impact your choices and the amount of financial help you can get. If you get financial help from Vermont Health Connect and you don’t report a life change, you could owe money to the IRS when you file your federal income taxes.

Common Life Changes We Need To Know About

• Getting married or divorced
• Having a baby or adopting a child
• A change in income
• Getting health coverage through a job or a program like Medicare or Medicaid
• Changing where you live
• A change in disability status
• Gaining or losing a dependent
• Becoming pregnant

Not sure if you should report your life change? When in doubt, please report it. It’s important to report any major life events to Vermont Health Connect within 30 days. Vermonters who have Medicaid coverage should report major life events to Vermont Health Connect within 10 days.

Log into your Vermont Health Connect account to report these changes online, or call us at 1-855-899-9600.