You may want or need to end your Qualified Health Plan. This could happen if you get other health coverage, or for other reasons.
You must cancel your plan through Vermont Health Connect. We will make sure that Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP Healthcare know that your coverage has ended.
When and how you end your plan depends on two things:
- The reason you're ending coverage. Reasons include if you get a job-based plan, if you qualify for Medicaid or Medicare, or simply if you want to end coverage.
- If you're canceling the plan for everybody or just for some people in your household. In some cases, coverage will end immediately, including when the household members who remain enrolled in coverage qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
The best way to make sure coverage ends on the right date is to call is at 1-855-899-9600 and request the change.
How to cancel your plan
There are two ways to cancel your health plan.
- Online: Log into your Vermont Health Connect account
- Under "Current Plans" click on the "Interested in disenrolling from plans" hyperlink.
- The page will display all current plans and list the enrolled house members. Select which household members are disenrolling.
- Enter the date you are requesting to end the plan.
- Phone: Call us at 1-855-899-9600
IMPORTANT: Don't end your Qualified Health Plan until you know for sure the date your new coverage starts. Once you end your coverage, you can't re-enroll until the next Open Enrollment period (unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period). Open Enrollment typically runs every year from November 1 to January 15.