Qualified Health Plans
Vermont Health Connect offers qualified health plans (QHP) through private health insurance companies (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont and MVP Health Care®.) Qualified health plans have a monthly premium. Eligible Vermonters can get financial help paying for a Vermont Health Connect qualified health plan—including premium tax credits and cost-sharing reductions.
You must apply for a qualified health plan during an enrollment period:
- Open Enrollment runs Nov 1-Dec 15 each year. Any eligible Vermonter can get a QHP at this time.
- At other times of year, Vermonters must have a Special Enrollment Period to get a QHP. If you have a major life event, like losing your health insurance, you could get a Special Enrollment Period.
Medicaid offers insurance for adults and children.
- You must be income-eligible to get Medicaid.
- Medicaid for adults has no monthly premium.
- Depending on household income, Medicaid for children (Dr. Dynasaur) could have a monthly premium.
- Eligible Vermonters can sign up for Medicaid any time.