All qualified health plans must include the ten essential health benefits. Be sure to check that the health plan you buy is certified by the state or federal government.
All Vermont Health Connect plans cover the ten essential health benefits. These are:
- Visits to your healthcare provider’s office
- Hospital stays
- Emergency care
- Care for mother and child before, during and after birth
- Care for mental health and substance use disorders
- Prescription drugs
- Care for children—including vision and dental care
- Laboratory tests
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Preventive services, including vaccines and check-ups
Share our social media posts that offer a general look at the essential health benefits. Keep in mind that you may still need to pay for covered services, like through copayments, or coinsurance. For details about what a health plan covers, reach out to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP Health Care directly.