The eligibility tables show the income limits for different types of financial help people could get with health care coverage. To get financial help applied to your health insurance, you must sign up for a plan through Vermont Health Connect.
This help may include:
- Eligibility for Medicaid or Dr. Dynasaur coverage, OR
- Eligibility for financial help to buy a Qualified Health Plan (QHP), such as:
Want to sign up for a QHP? People who meet certain rules can sign up for or change their plan any time. You must meet the rules to get financial help paying for a plan. AND your income must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level.
Example: In 2024, your income is below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level if it is:
- At or below $29,160 a year for a single person
- At or below $39,440 a year for a couple
- At or below $60,000 a year for a family of four
If you don't meet these rules, you may sign up during Open Enrollment, which generally runs from November 1 to January 15; OR if you have a Special Enrollment Period.
Eligibility thresholds change every year. You can view the eligibility tables for the following years: