Important Message: To get health insurance, you must sign up during an enrollment period. Vermont Health Connect has a Special Enrollment Period open now through May 15, and uninsured Vermonters can enroll in a qualified health plan during this time. Under the American Rescue Plan Act, Vermonters can get more financial help when they enroll through Vermont Health Connect. Vermonters who have insurance directly through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont or MVP Health Care® can transfer their plan to Vermont Health Connect now to get premium tax credits. Vermonters who are eligible for Medicaid can enroll at any time.
1. Decide how you want to apply:
- Apply online using our secure online portal.
- Call us at 1-855-899-9600 Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.
- Find an in-person assister near you.
- Fill out and mail a paper application.
2. Gather key information:
Collect the following information for everyone in your tax filing household:
- Social Security numbers, or document type and numbers for legal immigrants
- Employer and income information
- A complete copy of most recent tax returns, if available
- Pay stubs or W-2 forms—Wage and Tax Statements
- Information on offers of job-based insurance, if any
- Anticipated medical and prescription needs
3. Check your browser:
Our online portal can only be used from a computer (not a tablet or smartphone.) Check to make sure your computer is using the most recent web browser:
- For Windows:
- For Apple Macintosh:
Have questions? Call our Customer Support Center at 1-855-899-9600.