Preventive care can help you and your family stay healthy by preventing health problems before they start. One way to do this is to have regular checkups with your primary care provider (PCP). Your doctor can help you decide how often to have checkups. Ask your primary care provider about specific health care screenings that you should have based on your age and state of health.
Vermont Medicaid programs include free preventive care services. Examples of free preventive care include:
- Regular check-ups with your PCP
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cholesterol screenings
- Hepatitis and HIV screenings
- Certain types of cancer screenings
- Certain immunizations and vaccines
- Early periodic screening diagnostic treatment (EPSDT) for children under age 21.
Preventive care services are free to use and can help keep you healthy. If you aren’t sure what preventive care services you can get, call your doctor’s office to find out.